Trade Sales Representative
This job posting is no longer active, please click here to see other opportunities
How Colourful a Career Do You Want?
Akzo Nobel Canada Inc. is the Canadian leader in decorative paints, serving the consumer and the professional renovation and construction markets. We offer a complete line of value-added paint products, including the recognized Betonel, CIL, Devoe, Dulux, Glidden, Sico and Sikkens brands as well as several private labels. AkzoNobel also produces a wide range of sealants and adhesives (Mulco), as well as a full line of anti-rust paint and wood care coatings. We employ nearly 1,800 people in four manufacturing plants, five distribution centers and more than 230 corporate stores across Canada. AkzoNobel is dedicated to delivering high performance solutions and quality products, as well as unrivaled technical expertise to meet the current and future needs of its customers.
Look around you and chances are you'll see AkzoNobel's influence. Our products can be found everywhere from the Beijing Olympic arena and Sydney Harbor Bridge to, quite possibly, the house next door to you.
If you share our values and goals, we can give you a career where your talents and ambitions are recognized and rewarded. You'll work in an international environment with plenty of opportunities to develop - as an individual and as a professional.
You'll be offered rewarding and challenging projects that will stretch your mind and let you use your initiatives. And by working with AkzoNobel, you'll also help us to achieve our ambition - to be the first choice of customers, shareholders and employees world-wide.
As a result of growth in the Vancouver, BC area we are currently searching for an experienced and energetic Sales Representative.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Maintain existing customer/volume base of assigned accounts through regular customer contact, monitoring and coordinating with our groups to ensure service requirements are met.
- Generate new business with existing accounts by soliciting extra sales and presenting proposals to customers.
- Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity
- Solicit new business through the identification of needs of potential customers which can be satisfied by us and through to analysis of competitive activity.
- Assess any potential loss of business through the identification of product/program weaknesses and analysis of competitive activity.
- Contribute to increased margins by selling at prescribed price.
- Ensure a safe driving record by following safe driving procedures.
- Control expenses by operating within budget.
- Identify and resolve client concerns
- Participate in sales/marketing events such as seminars, trade shows, product knowledge, etc.
- Others duties as assigned
Required Skills and Education:
Post secondary education preferably in Business or Marketing and 4 - 6 years paint experience (preferred) with demonstrated selling skills (either outside/ inside).
It's a great time to join us...we offer competitive compensation plus company car, flex benefits, incentive, pension and career development plan.
Qualified applicants - APPLY ONLINE TODAY
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.